Marinated Flank Steak with Oven Roasted Broccoli and Carrots:
It’s summertime and one of our favorite things to eat are fresh vegetables that are in season! I usually drop Zayd off at daycare and stop by the farmers market nearby to pick up some veggies for the week. This has opened up our eyes to a variety of veggies we wouldn’t normally eat. There’s something about eating produce that’s in season that can’t be beat. Everything just tastes to much more flavorful when you shop this way. Luckily, our farmers market also sells fresh meat from a nearby farm. Roasting vegetables is so easy and it’s fun to try different combinations and see what works well together. Here’a a recipe that will definitely make you want to come back for more!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
1 lb Flank Steak
2 Large Carrots, chopped in thirds (substitute 1 1/2 cups baby carrots)
1 Med Head Broccoli, cut into pieces
2 Tbs Olive Oil
1 Tbs Garlic Powder
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 1/2 Tbs Canola oil
1 1/2 Tbs Soy Sauce
1 1/4 Tbs Vinegar
2 tsp Fresh Lemon Juice
1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
1 tsp Dijon Mustard
2 Garlic Cloves, minced
1/8 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- In a large bowl, mix the oil, soy sauce, vinegar, lemon juice, worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic and black pepper. Add the meat making sure to coat from both sides. Cover and put in the fridge as long as possible (Anywhere from 4-6 hours is ideal)
- Turn oven up to 425 degrees to preheat before preparing the veggies.
- Chop carrots, broccoli and red pepper somewhat into the same size pieces and spread evenly on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Place the vegetables in the oven for about 15 minutes, take tray out, toss and roast for 10 to 15 minutes more.
- While vegetables are roasting, place the steak on a stove top grill (or even better, a real grill if you have one) Grill for 5 minutes on each side, or to desired doneness.
- Serve and enjoy!
If you liked this recipe and want to see what else we’ve been cooking, check out our quick and delicious One Pot Pasta recipe that really hits the spot!